Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sometimes You Won't Feel Like Singing the Song in Your Heart



Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly!

You are the most positive person I know! Day in and day out, you fill other people’s buckets with sincere compliments, words of encouragement, hugs and high fives. Regardless of how jam-packed your schedule becomes, you take the time to listen to people and offer a helping hand. You inspire and lift others up. Positivity radiates from you, and it’s contagious! Everyone is happier because of your devotion to serving others.

But underneath that huge smile of yours, I know your heart is hurting right now. Others can’t tell, but I know you. Someone needs to fill your bucket! First of all, know that sometimes you won’t feel like singing the song in your heart. Sometimes life throws a curve ball when we least expect it. The door of opportunity seems to close just as we anticipate our dreams coming true. Circumstances don’t always seem fair. Our cries of  “Just give me a chance!” fall on deaf ears. It’s hard to understand “the why” behind all that happens. But I believe this: everything happens for a reason, and when one door closes, another door opens. This challenge that you’re facing now will make you stronger! Don't lose faith.

I wish I could take away some of the hurt that you're feeling. I wish I could see into your future and assure you that your dreams will come true. I wish I could comfort you with words of encouragement. But using words is not my strength. Just remember the old proverb: "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

And so my friend, keep singing! Take care of yourself so that you can renew your spirit and have more of you to give away. Read a book, listen to music, take a long walk in the park, and do something for you. You always do so much for others.

The world needs your contribution! Let the music swell! We all need to hear your song!


No comments:

Post a Comment